Ahhh, finally. Thanksgiving break. The long awaited, hopefully relaxing, break is here. I think every teacher and aide at school deserves this break. We have worked our tails off moving and adjusting to our new place and it has been quite a wild ride. All the craziness has made me thankful for some "unusual" things that a person generally doesn't express gratitude for.
1. I am so thankful that Diane (my principal) is who she is. She's had so much life and school experience that she could probably handle any situation that comes her way. Plus, I love the fact that I can sit in her office and she can tell me to pray about a problem I'm having and be totally comfortable with that.
2. I am thankful for the parents who have supported me through the trial of the Spanish teacher resigning. Those parents are my life savers and they have been so patient and understanding. Believe me, not all the parents have been this way.
3. I'm glad that I have Elaine, Amy, and Peggy to be my support system. Technically, Peggy is the newest "newbie" of the group, but she has been in education a lot longer than me.
4. I'm thankful for a functional, new, happy classroom. No need for further explanation.
So, there you have it. Despite the stresses and woes that come with teaching, I am so happy that I teach at Timpanogos Elementary but also equally grateful for the breaks that come along. People wonder how we do it sometimes...well, I secretly think it's the breaks that contirbute to our sanity. But that's just my opinion.
No comments:
Post a Comment