Saturday, November 8, 2008
Music
I love music. There's a playlist on my iPod that I have created that's pretty much awesome in my opinon. But, there is one song that I'm completely in love with. It's called "If That Were Me" by Melanie C. Two years ago, Kory and I went to BYU's Ballroom Dance show and 4 dancers from the tour team did a Rumba to that song. They did it again as well last year when we went. I was completely touched, not only by their dancing, but by the song itself which speaks of a homeless person and people's reactions to homeless people on the streets. Melanie sings of how fortunate she is, but seems almost ashamed because this homeless person doesn't even have a place to live. It's interesting and I love that song, a lot. It not only makes me want to get into ballroom dancing again, it makes me think. When a song does that, it's a good song.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment