Well, I suppose I'll write a quick entry before I head out to school. I got a call from my principal on Sunday evening. I had a feeling I knew what it was about, especially since I couldn't log in to the Spanish teacher's grade entry report to do report cards. Both the Spanish teacher and I have two log-ins since we teach two groups. In a nutshell, Diane (the principal) told me that Sonia resigned on Friday for personal reasons and that I needed to make the substitute plans for her sub on Monday. Part of the reason for her resignation was not passing a test that all teachers have to take (including me) in order to be "highly qualified." Diane can't employ us if we are not highly qualified. I have to take the test before my third year of teaching is over. So I still have another year and half.
Sub plans? Generally not a big deal. I wasn't stressing out too much even though Sonia's schedule was very different from mine. So I did what I could on Sunday evening and figured I could get the rest in place on Monday morning. Boy, was I making a overstatement! I went into Sonia's room yesterday morning and there was NOTHING! No files with work for the students, no homework folders, no plan book, NOTHING! Panic mode set in at that point. I only had things for the substitute to do math and for the kids to write in their journals; but what were they going to write?? Not a clue! So, I just made up stuff in English for the kids to work on and the freaking substitute didn't even follow the plans I made AT ALL! He's substituted before and he totally creeps me out. I was angry at Sonia for taking everything off the walls and taking student's names off the desks and cubbies. Literally the room looked sterile! Ugh! She even took the crayons so I had to give the sub my "lost and found" crayons. Yeah, I was totally exhausted by the end of the day because I had to keep up with my plans and the substitute plans. Plus, parent-teacher conferences are on Thursday and I have to do grades but i can't log into the other class's grades and Sonia has my math tests still in her possession. Yeah, this week is going to be crazy. I have to make sub plans for the whole week. Yay. That's my craziness.
3 comments:
That sucks. How are you going to get everything back? Keep trekking through. I am sure there will be a replacement soon.
Ay! Pobresita! Los siento que la vida esta tan loca ahorita. Pero me gusta tu nueva escuela/cuarto, y se que los ninos te van a querer para siempre porque eres la mejor! Sigue adelante y ten animo. Te quiero!! "Vaya que si..."
Ugh! What a nightmare! Hang in there!
Post a Comment