So, there you go. Enjoy!
Today was the first day of school! This year is going to be stressful! We have this new reading program that seems fantastic, but it will only be SUPER effective for a class that doesn't switch between Spanish and English every week. I teach in a Dual Immersion program which means I have my class for one week and teach in English, then they go to the Spanish teacher, I get her group and teach them in English. They do that back and forth every week! It is totally crazy. Anyway, this new reading program builds on what was taught in the previous week(s) and since I teach the same thing to my group and Sonia's group (she's the Spanish teacher) it's hard to get through the whole program, especially because it's jam-packed with stuff. I know that it will be just like our math program we adopted last year: the more of it that you implement and teach and stick to the schedule, the more success you will see from your students! That is what's eating at me; I can't implement the whole thing whereas math is basically the same in English or Spanish so it doesn't matter if I don't teach one week's worth of lessons in English! I don't know if that makes any sense, but it does bother me alot!
I can already pick out which kids are going to be my problems! And I already know about some parents who will be issues as well when it comes to reporting behaviors of their child. Basically, they focus only on the negative things and nothing positive. My goal: be positive even though I KNOW this kid is going to make me crazy if he keeps up with the behavior I saw today.
Okay, so I have some majorly cute kidlets! Oh man, there's this one boy who is to die for! He's tiny, both in height and weight and is adorable. Yeah, pretty darn cute I must say.
2 comments:
Now you just need to post pictures of your apartment once you're all settled in.
Apt. looks nice! I can't imagine pink countertops, eww!
Post a Comment