I went to Airie's on Wednesday night to keep her company (and take advantage of her great and spacious living quarters). Kory was at a Priest's Quorum activity and Abram was at Bishopric interviews. Perfect night for us crazy girls to get together and attempt sewing projects.
I needed space to lay out the quilt squares and piece them altogether. That woulda been quite the picture. I don't think I could have captured the grandeur of the quilt-to-be. It was amazing. It's supposed to be approximately 56"x56" when finished...10 squares across, 9 squares down. Yeah, wild. Laying out the whole thing and trimming some of the extra fabric took about an hour, maybe slightly more. I wish I had brought my camera. For a while, I had Airie trapped at her machine. If she had moved her chair out even a millimeter, she would have landed right on the quilt! Don't worry, I let her out...eventually!! :)
Hours so far on quilt: 3.5-4.0
1 comment:
Thanks for letting me out, ha ha. It was nice to share some crafty time. I wished you'd stayed a little longer. Things got funky after you left: I sewed the lining of my bag in sideways and had to unpick the whole thing. GRRRRRR. So next time you're staying until I finish, ha ha. :P
Post a Comment