Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Best Mother's Day Present...EVER!



So, the evening of Cinco de Mayo my membranes released (water broke) and the next day at 4pm Claire Leinani Sekaquaptewa was born. We immediately fell in love with all 5lbs. 10oz. and 18 inches of her. She was perfect and beautiful, club feet and all! I was planning on being at school that Friday morning, but after laboring all night at home, I checked into the hospital around 7am and the rest is history! She decided she wanted to come 5 weeks early.

This baby girl is enamored with her daddy, loves snuggling with momma, and knows exactly how to play the "cute" card. She is loved by so many people but most of all by her momma and daddy. She makes momma's heart melt when she reaches for and grabs my finger during nursing time and she's a trooper with her casts on her feet. We love this baby and can't believe how much our lives have changed in the last 4 weeks. WOW! She's already 4 weeks old.

This is a great shot of her feet.

It was really nice not to have to worry about work, though I did think about my students every once in a while and hoped they were happy and well.

Mine and Kory's lives have completely changed....We wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

My beautiful niece! She is as beautiful as her mommy! Yes, she is loved (and spoiled?) by many...and soon Grandma and Grandpa will be able to see her! Give her all the hugs and kisses in the world from Aunt Kristen!

Arycca Brothers said...

She IS beautiful, and I can't believe she is already 4 weeks old! Pretty sure we were due like one day apart, and I'm STILL pregnant! Congrats on being a new mommy!