Friday, June 24, 2011

Shower Time

One thing I love about my baby Claire is that she is so good in the mornings. I can usually feed her, change her diaper, and then let her lay on the floor or in her bassinet with little to no protesting. This allows me one of the most precious times of the day: shower time.

A lot of moms relate their stories of "I finally got a shower" or "I've learned to take fast showers" because of their babies interfering with that time in some way or another. I don't think I'm going to be that mom; at least not right now.

Shower time is MY time. It's when I ponder life's mysteries, if you want to put it that way. Truly, it's one of the rare moments of my day when I am actually deep in thought and attempt to work some things out in my head. It's my time to receive inspiration. Why is that? Probably because the only thing I can hear is water (and occasionally a little whine here or there) and I'm a water girl. I love being in the water, I love swimming; to me, water feels amazing! And when it's warm, and hitting my body in a soothing way, I could hang out in the shower all day! Sometimes my shower is 5 minutes, sometimes it's a lot longer. Either way, I love it.

That's just one more reason why I love my baby. She allows mommy to have "shower time."

1 comment:

Kristen said...

...and if there is ever a time you want/need more shower time, Auntie Kristen can jet over and entertain the little squeaker while you enjoy all the time in the world with the water.