I seriously should just create a whole new blog for the "Out of the Mouths of Babes" series.
Geoff didn't do much this week, though he is still cute as ever.
BUUUUUUTTTT, on two different occasions this week I have heard and/or experienced some very laughable moments. Now, without further adieu:
Occasion #1: A little background first--In February, a girl in Kindergarten got moved up to first grade Dual Immersion. Why? Because mom threw a fit until she got her way. Basically, this mom wanted her daughter to skip Kindergarten since the beginning of the year. Elena did average in the Kindy test, but nothing spectacular. Since mom is PTA president and Diane promised her we could test her again in January (DO NOT ask why she promised that, please), she threw her share of royal fits until--long story short--Diane moved Elena into mine and Silvia's class. UGH!
Okay, now that you have your background here's the story: Silvia was at a table in the back of her classroom with a student named Anthony. Anthony is the kind of kid you just want to squeeze cuz he's sooooo cute, but he'll make you crazy with his incessant talking. So, Elena has a tendency to lose her pencil many times per day. Well, this was one of those times and so she went back to the table where Silvia was working with Anthony and told her that she had lost her pencil. Silvia had about had it up to here (raise hand to about eye level) with Elena so she said: "Elena, part of being in first grade and being a first grader means you are responsible for your things. It means you don't lose your pencil. (More firmly) Go back to your desk and look for your pencil. You need to look really good for your pencil." Of course Anthony is listening to this whole conversation and he turns to Elena and butts in with: "OR you could just go back to Kindergarten." WHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT? Oh my gosh!! Anthony just moved up like 10 points on the "super cool kid" scale. I was laughing so hard when Silvia was telling me and she was laughing so hard that she didn't stop Anthony from making further comments. Well, Elena, much like her mother, wouldn't have any of Anthony's "attitude" so she puts her hands on her hips and starts chewing him out with phrases like: "my mom says I'm supposed to be in first grade. She doesn't want me to go back to kindergarten. I'm not going back to kindergarten." Then Anthony says: "Maybe you'll be in first grade again next year then!" OHHHH!!! Loving Anthony right now. I-was-dy-ing when Silvia was done telling me this. Let's just say, in my book, Anthony is now the coolest kid EVER. This is the one time when his talking has totally paid off. Oh man! Every time after that when I saw Anthony, I just giggled. He has no idea how much Silvia and I have both wanted to say that to Elena or her mom. Sweet, sweet children. *sigh*
Occasion #2: Tonight we were watching that new show called "Minute to Win It." Basically the contestant has 1 minute to complete a task and moves up a scale until they reach $1 million. Well, the lady on this show had a pretty hard task to do--blow cards off a pile of cards that were balanced on a class bottle, but only leave the last card. It looked VERY hard. So, I'm downstairs at my in-laws watching and Jase comes down while this lady was on her 2nd attempt of the task. He looks at the TV and says: "That looks like a damn hard game!"
Me: "What did you just say?"
Jase: (matter-of-factly) "That looks like a damn hard game."
Me: "Where did you learn that word?"
Jase: "Other people say it."
Me: "Well, it's not a nice word and we don't say it."
Jase: "Then why do other people say it?"
Me: "Because they don't say nice words sometimes."
Jase: "Mima (Lynne) said it."
After that, I told Lynne the story and she and Jase had a talk about it. She didn't say that word, by the way.
Sometimes I wonder how well a book of my stories would sell....
2 comments:
TOO FUNNY! I think Anthony has a twin in our school.
I heart Anthony. Too bad he can't stay back in first grade next year... you need that kind of entertainment!
Post a Comment