Monday, March 8, 2010

Out of the mouths of Babes-Part 2

Let's see if I can get this posted before "24" comes on in about 5 minutes.

Well everyone, Geoff struck again--3 times to be exact. During "Come Follow Me" we were practicing a part of the second verse and I kept choosing different helpers to "stretch" the word effulgent while we sang. The Jr. Primary pretty much thinks they're rockin' because they can sing that word. And pretty much, I agree with them!! :) Anyway, I chose a helper and all of a sudden, Geoff gets out of his chair and starts trying to actually come up to me and tell me: "And then I'll be your helper next, Sister S." Oh, precious, precious Geoff. I told him he had to sit and help us sing if he wanted to be my helper (plus I was drawing sticks so luck didn't work in his favor). Then a few minutes later, we were still working on the same song and he said (never raising his hand, by the way): "Sister S., make sure you don't mess up." About this time, all the adults in Primary are rollin' on the floor and I can hardly contain myself with laughter. So, a few minutes later, Geoff's sister was my helper and Geoff got all excited. His face lit up and he started waving and saying: "That's my sister. Hi Elle..., Elle, hiii!" Okay, about this point his teacher finally realized he needed to move and sit next to Geoff and let him know that he needed to be reverent.

Oh dear! I just love Primary.

No comments: