When the day comes when I am not teaching anymore, there is one thing I will not miss: mourning a loss...especially when there's a direct connection to me.
I hold back tears right now, thinking of my dear, sweet, CUTE Kayden who is now in second grade. No, he didn't die...but his dad did. Killed in a car accident, a very tragic one, last night. http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9972168
At first I thought Katie was joking when she told me; then Summer confirmed it. In a way I wish Kayden was at school today so I could just hug him and hold him and tell him, well, tell him he's a great kid. He and his two older sisters have had a tough. They have had to grow up REALLY fast. Biological mom lost all parental rights to her children a while ago. Stepmom adopted the three kids just last year. Both dad and stepmom have good hearts and are trying to raise their children properly. The first time I met them, I was scared. They don't look like the most approachable people plus Elaine had Kayden's sister in her class my first year of teaching and she was slightly weary of the parents as well. But can I just tell you they are the most good-hearted people and try SO hard to be the best parents?
Oh my sweet Kayden. This incident makes me so grateful that Kory comes home safely from work and other places. I don't know what I would do if my husband died. The worst is that these kids are old enough and smart enough to understand what had happened and it's not going to make life any easier for them. I hope they know they are loved.
RIP Mr. Goins
1 comment:
Hey Michelle, sorry I didn't respond to your texts today, I don't have texting on my phone. The house is awesome, we love it, and I miss you too! I'm sad to miss out on all the fun Primary haps, so I hope you'll keep on updating me about it! Luv ya!
Post a Comment