So the past many days have been crazy and my goal to actually write about the talks I've been reading from Conference has gone astray. In fact my goal to read 1 talk every night has been neglected for about 3-4 nights now. UGH!
I have, however, done a lot of thinking...especially today. I met with Diane, my principal and I thank my stars every day that I am not a principal. She has a tough job! Many of you may know that this year was a pretty tough one for me. It was due to a mixture of a whole heck of a lot of stuff, some of that being my decision-making skills. In other words, this year completely SUCKED! Sorry, but it did. In my meeting with Diane I told her straight out that I felt this year that I could not do anything right and I truly mean that. In my heart, I felt that if I did something good it would go unnoticed (especially by parents) and that anything I did (including give time-outs for misbehavior) would make the parents hate me even more and that Diane would hear about it thus turning into another lecture about how to improve my classroom management skills. Diane has always been kind and tactful and loving during those lectures, but honestly, it makes me feel like junk. Thus the point of feeling like I cannot do anything right!
Some of the things that Diane told me today were true and I could see why she was making suggestions for improvement in those areas, but it still hurts. I've just been thinking about some changes to make this next year. It's hard to deal with these things and Kory told me not to write about them since it just makes me more mad. So, I won't! Sorry. I hope I haven't offended anyone, ever, with my attitude or the way I present myself. If I have, I'm sorry.
No comments:
Post a Comment