Thursday, June 4, 2009

Massage Envy


I got a massage today. It was HEAVENLY!!! I only wish it wasn't so expensive because I would go back once a month, like my massage therapist recommended today. *sigh*

So I called to make the appointment yesterday and the girl asks if I have a preference on gender for the therapist. I took a risk and said I didn't care, thinking I would probably get a girl. When she got my info and finalized the appointment, she said: "Okay, tomorrow at 2:30 with Ben." I hung up then got a little nervous. I have had a professional massage once in my life and it was a girl who did it. Let's just say I was apprehensive about my appointment today. So I get there and a few minutes later, this cute twenty-something, red-haired guy walks out and meets me. He's got personality to boot and I immediately like him. He was very professional and not once did I feel even remotely uncomfortable with him doing my massage. We chatted like old friends with a few "ooh, you're really tight" lines thrown in there. I was slightly scared that he was very much enjoying finding problem spots in my neck, but other than that he was fantastic!! Even better, he knows my principal. She and his mom are like best friends! YEAH! WEIRD, but cool. So, I would highly recommend this place even though much time may pass before I visit there again. They are very expensive and I think $50 a month is just something we can't afford to add to our expenses, but boy it would be nice.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

You need to convince the school district to do what my company does. They pay for a masseuse to come in about every other week. We only get 10 min massages, but it's better than nothing. Though I suppose that still doesn't cover you for summer.