Every other week at school, I feel like each day should be Friday. Unfortunately, tomorrow is only Thursday and I have two more whole days with my motley crew. Group A, as Sonia and I refer to them is a HARD, tough group. I want so much to just love all of them, but some days I really have to have a big prayer in my heart that centers along the lines of "please help me be patient; please help me be patient." The kids seem to be improving in their behavior, but then I have days like today when Brayan cried so much I hauled him to the office and made him stay until he stopped. I have found his weakness: recess. Take away recess time and you've got his attention. I might have to endure more tears, but maybe enough lost recess time will make an impact on his behavior. I can only hope, right?
Truly, I hate being the witchy teacher, but sometimes I have to let the little ones know that I mean business. It seems in this group that none of the kids even know what respect means. We've talked about it, I've called them on disrepectful behavior, and we've practiced showing respect. How do I make it sink in? Being a teacher for just over a year has taught me that when I am a mom, I might not be perfect, but I can at least teach my children the fundamentals for playing the school game. UGH! Honestly, do none of my students' parents care about them showing respect?
Well, that's my compaining for the week. On a happy note: Amy helped my arrange my NEW furniture in my new classroom because I helped her arrange her furniture in her classroom. One bruised foot later, I have a room that's actually starting to look like a classroom. My new teacher desk is HUGE! No seriously, Amy and I figure out we had to angle it to provide for ideal space usage and comfort. I'm putting my camera by my school bag right now so that I can take pictures of my soon-to-be old classroom and the new classroom. You'll see how big my desk is and if you're a teacher, your jaw will drop. Hee hee! I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment