Friday, November 8, 2013

Half a year later...

...this is what she looks like! Isn't she too cute for words?????? I love this girl!

She makes me so happy and I miss her while I'm at work!  But I know she's in good hands with Grandma and Grandpa and Claire during the day. :-)

Wanna know more about this munchkin? OK!

Weight: 13lbs. 13.5oz. (11th percentile)
Height: 27 inches (89th percentile)

Again, tall and skinny!

Likes: EATING! Being held, watching Claire, playing with Claire, her family, toys she can hold, sweet potatoes and green beans, blowing raspberries, going for walks (around the house), being outside, wiggling, and being rolley polley!  Seriously, you put her on the floor and there's no containing her.  She LOVES to roll around!

Dislikes: Being done eating! Burping, anyone sitting while holding her, and seeing the empty bottle when she's done eating. Poor girl!

Mommy and Daddy dislike being spit-up on, ALL THE TIME! This girl is so spitty we change her clothes at least 3 times a day.  We could do more clothing changes, but then we wouldn't ever get anything else done. So sometimes if it's minimal, we just leave her be. She's never really cranky about it though which is why we decided with the doctor that we would hold of on any meds for all the spittiness and see if she grows out of it.

I think I mentioned before how much I love her cuddles.  She is so snuggly. I love it!  She likes to just bury her face in your shoulder when she's finished eating and it melts me.  Here's a peek at that:

I'm sad that I've stopped with nursing her now.  I wasn't producing enough and pumping at school was taking most of my prep time, thus leaving me feeling unprepared all the time!  I miss nursing her, but at the same time it's a relief and I'm less stressed that way.  There's nothing quite like the bond of baby and momma during nursing time.  I will miss that.  BUT, maybe Emma misses it too cuz she loves to hold my hand when she's drinking her bottle and I love holding her hand right back and staring into her brown eyes.

Claire is such a good big sister to this little one.  I think she is growing to love Emma more and more.  She always wants to "hold" her and has even tried picking her up a few times. AGH! Heart-attack for momma. They love each other, but they couldn't be more different.  It seriously amazes me how different the two of them are.  It's like being a first-time parent again.  It keeps us on our toes. ;-)

Okay, here are my girls, then I'm done for the night.


Oh, P.S.--did I mention Emma LOVES her grandpa Cummings? Yeah, she does. Just a little, though. :-)

No comments: