My girl is just growing so fast I hardly have time to keep up the blog. Here are her stats from her 4 month check-up.
Weight: 11 lbs. 2oz. (barely 2 oz.) -- 2nd percentile
Height: 25.5 inches -- 87th percentile
I have a tall skinny baby! Hmmm, I wonder where she gets it?? The doctor said it would be better to start her on rice cereal sooner than later. I think she's trying to fatten up Emma. If that babe is anything like her momma, rice cereal isn't gonna do anything except fill her tummy and even that's just an assumption. :)
Other fun things about Emma:
* She is talking up a storm
* We finally got her to really giggle...by spitting at her!
* If we put her down on the floor on her back, she doesn't stay like that for very long. In fact, if you blink, you might miss her crazy rolling and she'll just automatically be on her tummy. After that, Claire will declare that baby Emma is having her tummy time!
* Because of her long, skinniness it's hard to know what fits her and what doesn't. Some things are too short, others to big around the waist. I'm currently stretching her 3 month size clothes as far as they can go and hoping that her 3-6 month sizes don't fall off her.
*The way she looks at you will just melt you, right where you are, on the spot! Those light brown eyes and intense stare just gets to your core. That makes it so hard to leave her (and Claire) in the mornings and go to work.
*She still just loves to watch Claire. It usually calms her down if she can be held and watch Claire play or eat or whatever. Baby Emma loves her big sister.
*When she goes down for a nap, she has to be swaddled and rocked and she likes momma to sing "I Am A Child of God" and "Edelweiss". Sometimes she hums along.
Claire is doing some great things too. She is so darn smart, we sometimes don't know what to do with her. Our favorite thing about Claire right now is how obsessed she is with the Temple (a sacred building for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints to go and make covenants with the Lord). They're building (reconstructing) the old Provo Tabernacle into a Temple and she LOVES it. After she sees any temple she boldly declares "I goin dere (there) someday." *MELT* How happy I am that she desires to go to the Temple. It makes me love her even more which I thought couldn't be possible because I love her so much already!Part of the reason why she loves it so much is that she got to be outside the Mt. Timpanogos, Utah temple when Uncle Kevin married Crystal. Claire remembers that experience and I am so grateful to Kevin and Crystal for making that choice so that Claire could have yet another positive influence in her life.
Something else we love about her is when she needs a tissue to blow her nose, she stands there and says "oh gosh, oh gosh, oh gosh!" Not sure where she got that, but it's cute. She is also obsessed with "Meena Mow" (Minnie Mouse) and has to watch "Meena Mow Cuh-how" (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse) at least once a day.
That girl loves her family and talks about them every day. I just love both of my girls so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment