Monday, January 16, 2012

Resolutions

Well, I said in my last post that the next post might have some New Year's Resolutions. This is that next post and I suppose I can list a few things I have been thinking about.  They may not necessarily be resolutions, but they are things on my mind and I figure I can at least *try* to accomplish some of them.

1) Read at least 5 books this year (that doesn't include children's books).  Books for me, not for Claire.  I'm already slowly working through President Thomas S. Monson's biography.  It's been fun so far reading about his early childhood.

2) More sewing and quilting. I have so many projects waiting for me, but I have told myself I can't start anything new until I finish my other projects.  Easier said than done. :)

3) Fold Laundry.  Yes, I know it sounds silly but Kory and I struggle big time with folding clean laundry.  We usually end up folding it the day before a new laundry day because we need the hampers to carry the dirty clothes.  It's a weakness; sad but true.

4) Be Healthier.  I wouldn't consider myself the healthiest person, by any means.  It's hard to get motivated to exercise and healthy foods are not as cheap as other stuff.

5) One of my resolutions last year was to not be so quick to judge other people.  It worked really well for about a month and then fizzled. I find more and more that I just get sick of the gossip and negativity that comes from judging others unrighteously.  Giving people the benefit of the doubt really helps me put things in perspective and realize that I would want others to give me the benefit of the doubt.  I heard a quote in church last week that really hit home: "If you don't love someone it's because you don't know them."  could any statement ring more true? So, my last resolution that I will type here is to be more slow to pass judgement on someone when I have no idea what their situation may be.

Many people get cranky about making resolutions, but I think they help us reflect on our own weaknesses and start improving.  So, if you haven't made any resolutions, try to think of maybe just one thing that you would like to do, change, or improve upon this upcoming year. Best wishes!


No comments: