Saturday, February 5, 2011

hope, right?

Well, I think blogger just became my official not-best-friend. I am trying to post pictures and they are only showing up as HTML before I save and publish. After I publish it's fine, but since I am not HTML savvy I don't know what to do.

That's it for my ranting. If anyone can help that would be fabulous.

We are getting settled in our new home and loving being homeowners. The hardest part is knowing where to put everything. I am about to go crazy over all the boxes and unpacked things in the two extra bedrooms. Kory doesn't know what to do about it so he hasn't been much help in that area. Part of my craziness is probably contributed to the pregnancy, but still, I don't understand how anyone can just leave boxes unpacked like that. I mean, it's bad. We can't even use those rooms, but I don't know what to do. *sigh* Maybe I should hire a professional organizer. Seriously, it really does make me crazy and Kory brushing it off makes me even more crazy. I can't describe how it feels, but I don't like (AT ALL!!) having our house unsettled, unorganized, and not unpacked.

On the fun side of things, we're having a baby girl. We were very surprised but love our little munchkin. On the regular ultrasound, she was showing club feet so we were sent for a "better" ultrasound at the hospital and it's confirmed that she will have club feet when she is born. There's nothing we can do about it right now. I do have questions and concerns (like commuting to Primary Children's Hospital every time she needs her casts changed) and since it's my first baby, I probably have more than usual. Banking on faith and wisdom, I'm sure we'll get through this.

The ultrasounds were fun and technology just amazes me. They were looking inside her brain and measuring her head, finding all of her internal organs...it was so cool. I could have sat there all day and watched baby. She was so cute!! The sonographer tried to get a good face shot but baby only wanted to give us a profile picture. We even tried bugging her and pushing on my belly, but she wouldn't budge! :) Already a little stinker, but I still can't wait to meet her in June! She is currently being spoiled by grandma (my mom) and by Auntie Kali (Kory's sister). I think this girl is set on clothing for a while.

The part I am enjoying the most about pregnancy is feeling her move. It's such an unusual feeling, yet so fun. It makes me more anxious to meet her.

Things are going well, just a little bit crazy. Maybe one day it will all calm down. One can hope, right?

3 comments:

Arycca Brothers said...

Congrats!!! That is awesome, you are having a girl! We're so excited for you guys, and everything will work out. My brother had club feet as a baby, but even back then they could fix it fairly quick, so try not to stress too much over it. Good luck and keep us posted!

MarieC said...

You will be a super mommy!

Kristen said...

Have you ever thought that your little sister lives close and has many a friday nights free to help unpack. Seriously, give me a call and we will set up a time!