Sunday, August 1, 2010

Addicted

Maybe one day, when I've come off this high, I won't bore you to death with my constant ramblings about my quilting. It's still a whole new world to me and there's tons yet to be learned but the things I've learned so far are seriously cool! In a way I am kind of glad my Quilting 101 class got canceled. The money I would have spent on that class went toward other 1-day quilting classes and I have loved every minute of them. Here's my latest creation:






It's called a crazy 9-patch. After the star quilt, this was cake. It would be easy for anyone anyway, but I started and finished (cutting, sewing, pressing) in a little less than 3 hours. So fun! Again, I had the ladies at the Cotton Shop oogling over my color choices. They said they should hire me. I would love that, but I doubt I would be helpful at all!! :) The picture with the green square that has the flowers--that was my inspiration fabric and I found other pieces using that one as a guide. I was proud of myself for choosing fabric with no help (I had help with the star quilt).

**Until I figure out why my pictures show up in HTML in my drafts, you just get bundles of pictures with no commentary. Can anyone help with this?**

Yeah, I'm addicted. I knew I was addicted when after finishing each quilt, I wanted to do it again. We'll see if I can control myself.

1 comment:

Arycca Brothers said...

You are amazing Michelle!! I am so impressed, that should take waaay more than 3 hours! Serious kudos to you