In three weeks from today, I will have 20+ new first graders staring at me, secretly wondering when it's time to go home! :)
I went to my classroom today and actually worked on stuff. I've been in and out all summer, but never actually stayed long enough to be productive. Today, I felt like I was productive. I moved my desk, bookshelf, and kidney-shape table back to their original locations (everything was moved for cleaning). That is an accomplishment because my desk is BIG and HEAVY but I just had to push it and it moved just fine. Then, I sat down and planned out my schedule for a "normal" day of school. It's rare that we actually have a "normal" day, free of interruptions, assemblies, meetings, early out days or other unforseen circumstances. That's basically all I did, but it felt really good. Oh, I also sat and thought about rearranging my room. It's not uncommon to find me rearranging student desks in my classroom because I feel like a change. For young kids, consistency is really good so changing their desks probably isn't a good idea for me, but I do it anyway. Plus, it's always fun to see the looks on their faces when their desks are in different spots. They also have this uncanny ability to be able to memorize where everyone else's new seat is as well. Hmmmmm........
I am looking forward to this year. The Kindergarten teachers talked all last year about how great our classes would be this year. Boy, I hope they're right. Two crazy years in a row deserves a break.
1 comment:
Oh, makes me miss teaching. Enjoy your last three weeks of freedom:)
Post a Comment