Tuesday, June 22, 2010

You know it was a good party when...

...3 years later, people are still commenting to others how great it was!! Yup! Apparently, we threw the party of the decade back in 2007 when Kory and I had our "reception" here in Orem. It was at a park and incorporated all of Kory's culture. Here's just a little preview, in honor of the ongoing comments 3 years later.Here's where the Polynesian culture came into play. This is one of the table centerpieces.



In all the hustle and bustle, I didn't have time to do my make-up. So I kind of blend in with the background.


More centerpieces


This is the Native American part of our reception--a hoop dancer. He was really awesome!



So pretty!

It's not just one person that's made a comment about our party. Several people in the past three years have reminisced about the party--mostly the food which was completely Polynesian themed: pulled pork, guava cake, all the goodies! Friday was the most recent comment we received. We were at the Temple and saw a wonderful friend, the wife of a member of the bishopric from our single's ward. She was telling her granddaughter how nice our party was. :) I tell ya, Polynesians TRULY know how to party, especially with good food and good fun.

No comments: