Monday, December 21, 2009

Ornaments

Kory came home from Christmas shopping on Saturday and a little bit later said to me: "Sweetheart, I bought you a present that you have to open right now." I was surprised and excited. Though I knew it wasn't a kitty, I asked if it was. He said no. But he did hand me a hallmark bag and inside was this:

A keepsake ornament. Isn't it SO cute?!! Every year since we have been married, Kory has gotten me a teacher ornament from hallmark. The first year it was this cute little denim bag with a little pencil and scissors and a ruler inside. Last year it was "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" ornament (I believe I blogged about that one, so if you want to see it, look for Dec. 2008). I wasn't expecting this one at all because we had gone to hallmark at the beginning of December to get our collector series ornament and we didn't find any teacher ornaments. So when Kory came home with this gift, I truly was surprised. I absolutely love this one. Every time I walk by it's box on the coffee table, I grin. And I like to look at it on the tree. Can't wait to see what I get next year.

No comments: