I'm sitting here at my kidney table (a table shaped like a kidney for those who are wondering!) wondering if my next student testing appointment forgot, or is in another appointment with siblings.I have a half hour to get stuff done and I'm blogging. WHAT AM I THINKING? I have so much to do! Blogging is a nice break I suppose.
Day 2 of the new school year is over and I am, in the words of my principal, "cautiously optimistic" about this group of kids. We'll see how it goes with the other group next week. Before school started, I was bound and determined to have better-behaved students than I had last year. So far it's working. Lots of positive reinforcement and reminders to myself that they are only 6 and have only been in school for 2 days has really paid off. I've got 21 dang cute faces staring at me all day long with little trouble. Of course, there are the select few that haven't caught on to the fact that I will ignore them if they are not raising their hand and just saying "Mrs. S.? Teacher? Teacher? TEACHER?" *sigh* They can't all be perfect, I guess. It did make me feel good to have the principal come in on the first day and whisper in my ear "You are doing amazing." *GRIN* That was the most fantastic thing ever.
Now my next challenge is getting settled on a daily schedule. Things around these here parts are just wild and I am trying to get used to an extremely crazy schedule. It's so complicated that I won't bother to explain. Just know that I might be pulling my hair out because of our schedule and not because of my students. ;)
Well, I should go and plan for tomorrow. Maybe it will be somewhat normal. HA!
1 comment:
It's probably not going to help that your family is in town tomorrow. I finally got your facebook message about Mom several weeks after matter. Odd...anyways, see ya soon (Sunday since dinner is at our place)!
Post a Comment