Friday, August 7, 2009

dreams (or nightmares)

Ever since I ended last school year and have enjoyed my summer vacation, I continuously have dreams (or nightmares?) that my new class this year is so naughty! I hate those dreams. Kory says I have them because it's something I'm worried about. 'Tis true, but really, do I have to dream about it??

I did meet with my mentor yesterday that Diane asked me to work with this year. She is so great and I love that she seemed very non-judgmental. I already had some good ideas for improvement and so Debbie (the mentor) just kind of let me take the wheel. She offered a few ideas here and there, but really she is just around to do her job: mentor, if needed. I like it.

The kids come back to school in 12 days, I have to be back for training and Professional Development in 6 days. So much to do!!

In other news(sorry, it's kind of about school again): Kory signed up to take the GRE in October. He and I both decided he can't get his new video game that he wants until after he has taken the GRE. So, October it is! It makes me excited because it means that we're heading in the Grad School direction. The next question is, where will be be in a year? That answer will most likely come in January.

That's is for now.

1 comment:

stevenellie said...

Even after I had Peter and stopped teaching I had uncontrolable classroom dreams. They are the worsed becasue I'd wake up stressed out. Best wishes for the new year. I'm sure it will be better for you.