Spring once again has teased us here in Utah. The whole week it was absolutely GORGEOUS weather--like mid to high 70's and even up to 80 degrees on a couple of days. Today, it's raining a whole heck of a lot and Kory said it was snowing a little bit. UGH! I am so sick of this.
A while ago, my mom showed me how to make baby blankets from two pieces of fabric and some thread. I've been addicted ever since, though the blankets, if you look really close, are not perfect by any means. But, I thought I would show off a little of my so-called "talent" (hah!) and post picture of my two favorite projects, which both happened to be constructed in the last 2-3 weeks.
Without further ado:
This pink flowery one I made for a dear friend from my last single's ward before I got married. If you look how at the picture of it folded, you can see that it's slightly uneven. I tried my darndest to make it straight. Just didn't happen!
The one with the lions I just finished on Thursday night for a baby shower at school on Friday. One of the third grade teachers and her husband have been trying to have a baby for 10+ years. She couldn't get pregnant, and I guess the adoption process wasn't working out either. About a month ago, she sent us an email saying she was getting a baby and that the adoption was pretty much guaranteed. We were soooooo thrilled for her; in fact, I get goose bumps and chills just typing this story. I'm sure the whole school prayed and prayed that the adoption would be finalized when the birth mom had the baby. At that time, we didn't know the sex of the baby because he wouldn't cooperate during the ultrasound! Little twerp! Anyway, at the beginning of this month, Laurie was in the workroom and as I put pieces together from different conversations that were going on between her and other people, I realized that she was getting her baby about 3 weeks sooner than expected. The birth mom had called her I believe the night before and told her that the doctor was inducing her in the morning because her blood pressure was so high. So, frantic Laurie was trying to finalize last minute substitute plans and pull herself together so she and her husband could go to Idaho and meet their first son. We were all ecstatic for Laurie and couldn't wait to see the little guy. Finally, we got info and pictures. Laurie was a mommy to baby Jonathan-5lbs. even and 18 inches, I think. He is so precious and I knew I had to make him something special. So, I did! Laurie says he is so good-natured. I got to hold him yesterday, then I had to give him back so everyone else could pass him around. He is just a teeny little thing, but growing, so that's good. The lion blanket is super special.
3 comments:
Those are super cute Michele! You should post step-by-step directions with pictures so that we can learn how to do them too!
What a neat story! I know I've heard it before but it's still SO cool! Great blankets, too, Mishi!
Super cute, and cute new background, too.
Post a Comment