Saturday, February 14, 2009

Spoiled


So, the story about my CUTE boots...

I've been looking for some boots for a while and found some off brand of UGG boots at Payless. They're cute, but I held off wearing them because I had seen boots that I REALLY liked at Tradehome shoes in the mall. The problem was those boots were $130! Eh, I'll wait. So, I continued my search and even went back to Tradehome when they were having a sale. Sold out of the boots. Sad!! :( My search continued once again, still not wearing the boots I had found at Payless for $35. A couple weeks ago, Kory and I were in the mall. I decided while he looked in his store I would go two doors down and look in Forever Young Shoes. They have great prices on shoes. They had boots! I saw the pair in the picture and they were $38. THEN, I heard one of the sales associates tell someone "The boots are on sale, buy one pair get another pair of boots free." Doth my ears deceive me? Did I hear that correctly? I looked at the sign on the wall by the boots and it said "Buy one pair of boots, get another pair free!" Oooooh, sweet! Kory came in then and I showed him the deal. He pretty much MADE me buy two pairs of boots. My only problem with that was choosing the colors! Obviously I ended up with the tan pair, and after about 10 minutes of debating, I chose the same boots in black. They had other styles of boots, but I didn't like any of the other ones. Yeah, two super cute (and warm, I must say) pairs of boots for $40. Can't beat that with a stick, as Kory would say!
Now, onto the flowers. Yesterday, I was sitting at my back table in my classroom with six of my students, giving them their weekly reading test, on the computer (yeah, that's an ordeal!). In walks Rachel, our amazingly wonderful school secretary, with a big green box marked Proflowers. "This came for you." Rachel is so great. She made me open it right then. "Not like you have anything better to do," she says jokingly. So, while my kids are super confused about how to submit their test, she helps them and I open my box. Can you guess what was inside? A dozen gorgeous tulips and a note from Kory. I was totally surprised!! He completely made my day. If any men read this, let me tell you, the element of surprise in the form of flowers at work is a sure win! Rachel took the flowers from me and arranged them in their vase while I finished getting my students squared away and other students started on their test. She was so happy to put my flowers in water for me; that's why I love Rachel. I was so happy the whole day. One of my students said: "Mrs. S., who are those flowers from?" "They're from my husband," I tell her. In a very matter-of-fact voice she said "I thought so." That's my Hannah!

Yeah, so pretty much I'm spoiled by my husband.

No comments: