I keep hearing about schools being cancelled and everything shutting down in places like Oregon and Washington because of snow--lots of snow! Now, I don't blame them one bit, but I think SOMETIMES Utah should follow in the footsteps of the great Northwest. On Friday I drove Kristen and Brittany to the airport, then headed off to the Salt Lake Temple for my best friend's wedding. The roads were pretty good, but it was very cold due to the wind chill. About the time when the girlfriends were done taking pictures with the bride, it started to snow, a lot! I ever so carefully (though in vain) drove to get gas and slipped and slid the whole way. SCARY! Even though there was still about an hour until the luncheon, I headed to the luncheon place anyway to hide safely inside the restraunt. All through the lunch I could see the snow coming down hard through the window. Around 3pm I began my trek back to Provo; generally a 30-40 minute drive. 3 hours later and lots of sliding with a near accident, I made it home safely; scared, but safe. The freeway was horrendous! It's days like that when Utah needs to shut down for a while and give the plows time to do their thing. The slightest, slightest touch of my gas pedal would cause my car to slip. THAT IS NOT SAFE! Even here in Provo, my car did that. And you want the kids to come to school? Nice! Hey, maybe it will reduce my class size for a day. I wouldn't mind. :)
I'm just going to say the snow better not keep Kory and I from getting home to Oregon tomorrow. In fact, it better not hinder us from getting to see family in Washington, either. Curse the snow! May we all be content with just watching it from our windows and not driving in it. The end!
3 comments:
It is snowing here. I hope you and Kory are able to come in flights are still canceled or delayed in and out of Portland.
AY!!! La nieve, como la odio. Lo siento por tu sufrimiento. Cuidate MUCHO, ok? Y ten mucho cuidado. Te espero lo mejor. Chao bellita!
Curse the snow is right! I hope you can get home to OR and then to see us. I just hope WE can get to Grandma & Grandpa's on Christmas Day for dinner. UGH!
Post a Comment