
I doubt that 39 years ago that Eric Carle even had the thought cross his mind of his book becoming a legend.
The Very Hungry Caterpillar was written in 1969 and has since been the staple book of every elementary teacher's classroom. Even my 2 1/2 year old nephew received a copy from yours truly (and I was very proud to give it to him) just a couple months ago. I've loved that book since as along as I can remember, as have many other people. I doubt any other book even comes close to mearsuring up. Well, imagine my excitement to find that Hallmark made a Very Hungry Caterpillar Christmas ornament followed by my disappointment that they were sold out! Go figure, huh? Last night we were at the mall and I decided we should go to Hallmark. Kory confessed to me that he was considering getting me that ornament for Christmas because he got me a cute teacher one last year. Keeping up with tradition, I suppose. There was only ONE left at that store so we snatched it up then and there. Tonight, I proudly hung it on the Christmas tree and it looks so fantastic! How could Mr. Carle know that his book that teaches food, days of the week, counting, and much more be so famous to be made into a beloved Christmas ornament? I don't think he even imagined it.
1 comment:
I LOVE THIS BOOK! I'll have to come over and see the ornament! Hazah!
Post a Comment