So, this is what my t-shirt looks like. BYU puts out a new football shirt every year. Last year it said "Fully Invested" meaning you give your all to everything you do--sports, academics, religion. This year "The Quest" means the quest for perfection. So far I've only heard reference to perfection being a perfect 12-0 record in football, but judging from the culture at BYU, I'm sure it has more meaning than just a perfect football record. Getting my shirt was wild! They kept selling out of shirts, so my mom finally found out when they would be getting a new shipment in and ordered one for me on that specific day of the shipment (last Friday). They said they would have it for me at customer service. Last Saturday, I waltzed up to campus with Kory to pick up my shirt before the game. First, I hit the BYU apparel, they sent me to customer service. CS claimed they didn't have my shirt under my name or my mom's name. They tried calling the "internet orders" department--closed! So, next stop the clothing counter in the bookstore (different from BYU apparel dept.) and the same kid that sent me to CS came and talked to me again. He checked with his manager and they had zero shirts left. Annoyance is setting in; I go to the library, look up my confirmation number, take it up to CS and they say "sorry, we can't do anything with your confrimation number." The whole time I'm trying to call mom to find out if it's perhaps somewhere else or under some random name. She was working so she didn't answer. No shirt for the game. :-( I finally went and picked up my shirt today. YAY!That same Saturday I went out to lunch with some mission friends. One of the members from my second area was visiting. She said the Spanish sisters are being taken out of that mission!! Thus ends our great legacy. Gosh, I feel so sorry for everyone. They don't get to bask in the awesome-ness that is Hermana's. Apparently too many hermanas were teaching single men who would join the church for wrong reasons and then go inactive. I understand the reasoning, but it's still sad.
Oh, and to add to my last entry, I was working on my plan book and I looked down--spider crawling up my leg! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!I flicked it to the floor with my pencil and Kory squished it. Gosh, he's amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment