Nevermind that it's been nearly 2.5 years since I've written on my blog. I've had good intentions, honestly, I have. I even formulated a mental list on several occasions of things I wanted to write about. Some of those ideas may one day become blog posts, but for now I'll just write about today, because for some reason, it turned out to be a super fantastic day. Here's why:
1) Went to the grocery store and saved 44% on my grocery bill. That's generally a norm for me, but it always gives me a rush. I love it. If you want to learn how to do it, ask me. I'd love to help others save money on their grocery bills.
2) Got our cell phone bill lowered by $50 per month. Cha-ching!
So, if saving major amounts of money today wasn't enough, I had no idea I'd have an even better day.
3) BYU won their football game. Trivial--maybe, but still a win's a win and this Cougar fan is happy!
4) I got to attend a beautiful ceremony for my cousin and his wife and son. They were sealed today in the Mt. Timpanogos LDS temple for time and all eternity. They're an eternal family now. It was perfect and beautiful and so wonderful to see family. Okay, okay, they're not actually family, but my dad and their dad pretty much grew up together and are the best of friends so we've always referred to each other's families as cousins (among the kids) and aunt and uncle for the adults. It felt good to be in the temple, to experience the peace and sweet spirit of the Lord. I hate to admit it, but it's been a while since I've been to the temple. Upon leaving, I felt renewed and having a desire to be better. My heart also desired for others to be able experience this joy, and ached that so many don't know or don't have a deep enough desire to participate in these sacred ordinances.
5) AAAANNNNNDDDDD, as if this day couldn't get any better, my girls got to shake Elder Jeffrey R. Holland's hand. YEAH! they got to meet him and talk to him for just a second. He was eating dinner with some of his family at the same restaurant as us and he sat right behind Claire and my mom. Seriously, I've thought before if I could only meet one of the twelve apostles, it would be the hardest choice to make, ever, but Elder Holland would probably be at the top of the list. I didn't stop to meet him or shake his hand. He was with his family and I didn't want to take any more of his time. But, I wanted my girls to have the chance to at least shake his hand. Claire told him she loves the temple, and Emma told him she's going to be a big sisters. Precious moments. I thanked him as we were walking away and thought maybe that was my one and only chance to actually meet Elder Holland, but that didn't matter. I want my girls to have that opportunity more than me and to understand how important all of those men are, especially in these days when following the prophet and his apostles is so critical.
Well, I'm tired and ready for bed. I don't know if I portrayed how wonderful this day was in my hurried typing, but I felt like it was a day worthy of noting so, I noted.
1 comment:
Such a wonderful day... glad it was yours! And so glad that you are family to me. Thankful for you and ALL that you do for Kory and Claire and Emma and us. You make our family better! Love you!
Post a Comment