I just have to post this, even if no one reads it. I was thinking yesterday "If Aflac Insurance were a man, I'd marry it for it's money." This is true. About 2 years ago we enrolled in a supplemental maternity plan covered by Aflac. The numbers promised a nice cash return IF they decided to cover ALL costs listed in their maternity plan.
For a couple of months this summer, we've been struggling big time with the finances. Generally Kory and I are really good at saving and keeping our money at bay. But this time, it didn't work out well. My paychecks for summer always come at the same time in one big lump sum to the tune of $6,000+. Well, this summer Claire came, Kory had to pay for 2 grad school classes instead of just one, Claire's medical bills came, and mortgage payments came. Add all of that up and it equals more than $6,000, plus all the other smaller expenses that just seem to add up. We thought borrowing a good chunk of change from my parents would help, and it did. But, it wasn't enough. 3 days ago, we were down to $50 in my bank account and Kory holding onto his money in order to pay for his next grad school class. We were worried and definitely did not want to ask my parents to borrow money for a second time in less than a month.
We continued to pay our tithing and have faith that we would somehow make ends meet. Yesterday, we got a check in the mail from Aflac. I was thinking it might be something around $1,000 which would barely get us through until I started getting monthly paychecks again. But NOOOOOOO, Aflac decided to send us more than 3 grand. Kory was practically dancing when he saw the check and we felt immense gratitude in our hearts for our blessing we had received. This will be more than enough to get us through until my next paycheck. Thank you to Heavenly Father for blessing us as we pushed forward with faith. I just hope we have learned our lesson. I think we have.
2 comments:
WOW! Who knew that little talking duck would be such an angel! That is such an awesome story!
What a huge blessing to you guys! I'm so glad it worked out for you. Money issues are no fun, especially when you're doing everything you're supposed to and things are still tough, but Heavenly Father won't ever let you down. We just don't know how those blessings will come. Thank you for sharing!
Post a Comment