Among all the big changes in my life (house, baby) one other change that seems kind of big to me is that I was released from my calling as the Primary chorister. :( So very sad! I had that calling for almost 2 years and enjoyed it...a lot. It was kind of weird to go to Sunday School and Relief Society and be around...*GULP*...adults! Two hours of adults. It's been a while since that has happened. I secretly missed the Primary children and couldn't help but let my mind wander into the Primary room and join the kids.
At the end of church, as the RS women were filing out of the room, Bastien (one of the primary children) came up to me and said: "When are you going to come and sing with us again?" Ohhhhhh, melt! AND, he was wearing an ugly tie (long story). Bastien is one of those kids you wonder about what will happen when they are teenagers and even adults, but dang that child is good during singing time and for that, I love and adore him! He has a couple of behavior disorders that don't really help his reputation among other kids but he has a good heart. I'm really glad to know that I influenced, at the least, him enough to have him miss me. :)
After that "melt" moment, I saw Katie (our Primary secretary) in the hall and she said: "Oooohhhhhhh, we missed you today! Ashley didn't show up so I was up there trying to lead the songs and didn't know what I was doing. We were going to come and get you, but we thought it wouldn't be fair." I assured her that it would have been JUST fine and said that I missed them too. *sigh* I suppose I just need to grow up and get over it! But really, how can I when the people and the kids are just so fantastic? It will be hard to go to a new ward.
That's all.
1 comment:
I didn't know you were expecting. Congratulations!!!
Post a Comment