Sunday, February 21, 2010

Out of the mouths of babes - Part 1

This is for Arycca, because she and I had so much fun together in Primary. Everyone is more than welcome to read it, but I think Arycca will enjoy it the most! Have fun!

Every week in Primary, I come in expecting to hear something funny come out of someone's mouth. It just happens. A child's interpretation of the English language and mannerisms of adults is very different than a grown-up's interpretation. Thus we have, "Out of the Mouths of Babes" from a Primary group somewhere in Provo, UT! :) To protect the innocent, I'll only give first names.

A while ago, we were playing a game during singing time where we would sing and the kids had to watch my hand to see when to stop singing throughout various parts of the song. I had a special signal that the kids were watching for. So, we went along and sang and the kids were having a great time. After one of the "stops" cute little Geoff points to his teacher and yells to me "Sister S., SHE messed up!" Basically he thought his teacher wasn't watching for the special signal. Let's just say I about died, as did Geoff's primary teacher, and Arycca was behind the piano simply beside herself.

So, according to Geoff's mother, that child is in love with me. Woot woot! I'm okay with it, he's absolutely adorable! Pretty much every week I have him yelling "Sister S...." followed by some random comment. Today, he was having a hard time staying in his seat. When I reminded him to raise his hand if he wanted to say something to me, he did and then I think he didn't know what to say because he commented: "Sister S., I know how to read my talk." Hee hee! Oh my gosh I love that child more and more every Sunday. Then a few minutes later, I hear him saying "I don't like you!" I assessed the situation subtly and discovered that his teacher was asking him to sit down and he didn't want to so he decided to tell her off. Funny, but sad for the teacher!

Anyway, I hope to be able to keep up with the "Out of the Mouths of Babes" episodes.

Oh yeah, and if Zach's mom doesn't have a baby girl, I think his world will come to an end...seriously. He's an only child-almost 7 years old. Mom's expecting in August and Zach is just obsessed with the idea and about loses control of himself if a family with a baby girl sits next to him at church. SO CUTE!! He told his mom that we would be a good brother only if the baby was a sister. Oh dear! This is the part where everyone prays that Zach will get a baby sister in August.

Anyway, more next Sunday on the happenings in Primary.

1 comment:

Arycca Brothers said...

I love it!! You are so cute to keep your Primary journal online so I can read it too! Miss you, hope everything is going well.