Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Many happenings

This is my sweetheart studying on the computer. SHHHHH!
I've promised Kory I will be quick writing this entry. He takes the GRE on Saturday and he has been practicing tests on the computer. All my sympathies go out to him, especially on Saturday. Prayers, please!

Much of the talk around our apartment lately has obviously been about Grad school. It's making me excited, and Kory...well, nervous. He was counting on BYU to be his school of choice, but they no longer offer the program he wants: School counseling, NOT school psychology. There's a difference. So, we're looking into other options, but I'm kind of leaving it up to him to decide on places he wants to apply.

My first graders had their first field trip as first graders yesterday. We went to the Vineyard Gardens, which becomes Pumpkinland in the fall. I had two parents helping me, which was nice. It was great to watch my kids have so much fun and I didn't mind letting them run around lost in the corn maze! :) They were so good about staying with me or with the parent that was in charge of them that I let them go slightly crazy and run ahead to read all of the jokes and riddles that were planted on the path of the maze. They were doing great reading those. Yes, our field trip was educational!! I took pictures with a school camera because I forgot mine :( Hopefully I can post a couple pics here. If not, I'll post my school website address and you can see pics there.

Quilt update: It's almost done! I have sewn all the rows; just finished tonight. Now I have to just sew all the rows together (which might get done VERY soon because I try to stay quiet so Kory can study) and then take the quilt to The Cotton Shop so they can show me how to sew the binding.

Ever since Kory and I cleaned and organized our 2nd bedroom, I've been loving all the space in there and this is one of the reasons why. I laid out all the rows I sewed just to get an idea of where to start sewing the rows together. All nine rows (with ten squares each) took me around 3 hours total. It should have been less, but my thread kept getting tangled on nearly every square so I had to keep untangling it. Never figured out what was causing the tangling.


That's my quick update. More later, as always.

Total quilt hours so far: about 7.0

1 comment:

The Brothers Family said...

Wow! That quilt is amazing! It is so cute, and you have done a TON of work on it. You go girl! Make sure to tell Kory that he can only go to schools around here, k? No moving!