Thursday, July 24, 2008

Lobster

I was so excited yesterday morning when Kory came home from work at 11:30 and said he was finished for the day. Wohoooooo! I was very happy. We decided to go to his parents' house in Orem and pick up the nephew to take him swimming at the local water park, Seven Peaks. Jase LOVES swimming (well, he's two so it's more like playing in the water) so it was exciting to watch him enjoy the water so much. We had sunscreened up before heading out to the water park, but apparently it didn't help for me. Kory and Jase turn brown in the sun--me, I turn red, lobster red. Usually I don't get burned if I have put on sunscreen, but last night after Kory's intramural ultimate frisbee game I noticed it hurt to put my purse on my shoulder. I checked it out and saw both of my shoulders had turned a nice lobster color. I should take a picture and put it up here. Kory lathered my shoulders with Aloe and I think that practice will continue for a few days until the pain and redness subsides! Ugh, I haven't been sunburned like this for a loooooong time. I suppose a good thick layer of sunscreen is required the next time Kory and I go to the waterpark.

3 comments:

Mickelle said...

Ooooh, so sorry. That's no fun at all!

Glad to hear you guys are thrilled with the new living arrangements. Hope you're chilling and taking it easy this summer. We should hang out again soon!

MarieC said...

Ouch--hope you heal soon and the aloe saves you from peeling.

Amy said...

ooooh, I hate sunburns!! I especially hate the very first shower post-sunburn. Good luck! Hope it goes away fast!