Saturday, July 6, 2013

Independence Day

The holiday is called "Independence Day" not "The 4th of July".  That's something that totally bugs Kory.  It doesn't bother me so much, but he has a point so I say Independence Day.  It's true--we don't go around wishing people a happy 25th of December or 14th of Februrary.  We use the names of the holidays and so it should be for Independence Day as well.

That being said, my baby girl turned 2 months old on Independence Day.  So, here's a picture (or a few) and some stats:

Weight (as of July 3): 9 lbs. 11 oz.  little porker!  I was NOT expecting her to weigh that much by any means.
Length: 22.75 inches

Favorites: Bathtime, swaddles, Big Sister Claire, being held (this is becoming somewhat of an issue...) and of course, eating! :-)

Non-favorites: being burped in the middle of eating!! (How dare I do such a thing!); spitting up (result of not being burped in the middle of a feeding) and having to wait too long to be fed. UGH!

Milestones: Smiles and coos; mommy and daddy are loving this.

She's a good baby, but very different from Claire as a baby.  I don't remember Claire crying as much as Emma does which truly isn't often but when she does cry, she CRIES! Also, I don't like that she has grown out of the majority of her newborn clothes and is into 0-3mo. clothing now. *sigh*

Snuggles with Daddy! She is so spoiled.

Giant smiles for cousin Amber who had to put forth zero effort to get smiles from Emma!

Double chin = love!

1 comment:

MarieC said...

I'm honored that two of these pix are mine. ;-)

Sorry for holding your baby girl so much when she was here; I think we have created a monster!