Tuesday, June 4, 2013

1 month

I can't believe my baby Emma is 1 month old today.  It seems like she's just been part of our family forever, but the time has also flown by.  We're still adjusting to being a family of 4, but it sure is fun.  Here are some fun facts about Emma (along with pictures, of course!):

June 4, 2013

Age: 1 month
Weight: not sure, but definitely over 7 lbs.  Birth weight was 6 lbs. 5 oz.  At her 2 week checkup she had gained 11 ounces, putting her at 7 pounds even.  Judging by the chub in the 1 month photo, I would say over 7 pounds is a safe bet!

Favorite Things: EATING, sleeping, being swaddled, escaping from swaddling, looking at and listening to my big sister Claire, being kissed by big sister, sticking out my tongue, curling up and snuggling on anyone's shoulder!

Not-so-favorite Things: diaper changes, losing the binky, spitting up, clothing changes

Still on the fence about bath time! :)

What mommy and daddy love the most: how do we choose just one thing?  We love her beautiful eyes, mommy loves Emma's lips, kissing her, how much Claire loves her, snuggling her, heck what's not to love about the most beautiful newborn in the whole world?

Each day I'm so thankful that Claire loves baby Emma.  She constantly rambles on about baby's eyes being open, baby crying, or who is holding baby Emma.  It's never just "Emma."  It's "Baby Emma!"  Claire is such a great helper with Emma, too.  I hope they will be the best of friends.

Claire just loves this girl!
Birthday!
1 month old today!

Making faces



Why is it that we just can't get enough of this girl?  I pray often that both Emma and Claire will be able to feel how much mommy and daddy love them.  It's indescribable! There aren't sufficient words for this kind of joy and love. I'm so glad Emma Kawailani (kuh-why-lon-ee) is mine and that Heavenly Father has entrusted me with her care. Love you baby girl!

1 comment:

MarieC said...

DARLING DARLING! Can't wait to snuggle her myself!